What is table shuffleboard?
Shuffleboard is one of the most popular table games in the USA and Canada, and is continually growing in popularity in Asia and throughout Europe (where the game was actually invented back in the 16th century), but has remained relatively unknown in Australia – until now!
Created in the UK nearly 500 years ago, shuffleboard has a long and very colourful history. In its earliest form, the game was played by royalty and involved players sliding coins across a table for position, marks and points. The sport evolved over time, and became the “must have” table game throughout the USA in the 1950s, popular in bars, hotels, resorts and with celebrities.
Today, Southern Cross Shuffleboard is ready to introduce shuffleboard tables to Australia. We’re ready to revolutionise the industry, distributing smaller prestige tables that have a greater mass-market appeal. Our shuffleboards are perfect for bars, pubs, hotels, offices, games rooms, camping resorts, entertainment centers, bowling alleys and even your place!
Why buy a shuffleboard table?
The reasons for buying a shuffleboard table are many and varied.
- Quite simply, it’s awesome.
- It’s a unique feature for a bar, hotel lobby or games room that immediately gives your business a strong point of difference over competitors.
- It’s the ultimate social drinking game and a great way to get your customers to stick around for hours.
- It’s a classy addition to any room in the house, in the office or in your establishment. Southern Cross Shuffleboards only sells prestige tables, so all styles have a classic appeal.
- It’s a challenging and addictive game for all ages and both genders, making it the ideal game for rec rooms, camping resorts and the like.
- It’s an instant conversation starter, custom built with tradition and quality defined.
- It’s the ideal gift for the person who has everything…
- It’s fun, it’s easy, it’s competitive and it’s NEW!
Who plays shuffleboard?
The best thing about table shuffleboard is that ANYONE can play… boy, girl, young, old, sport-crazy or not. The game discriminates against no one.
Depending on where the shuffleboard table is, players can be anyone with any level of skill and experience.
Although it’s hard to master and always challenging, shuffleboard offers one of the most fairest playing fields you will find in sport. The skill-level gap between being a beginner and experienced is smaller than in games like pool, table tennis and darts, so everyone feels like they have a chance to win any time they approach the table. That said, practice makes perfect and as with all games of skill, some people will play better.
In short – shuffleboard is the ultimate drinking game for hotels and bars. The perfect time-killer for kids. A common rehabilitation game for the elderly or injured. And a new addiction with non-stop fun for everyone in between…
Where do shuffleboard tables live?
Until now, it’s been near impossible to find a shuffleboard table in Australia…
Southern Cross Shuffleboards is changing that!
We’re putting tables in bars, pubs, hotels, offices, games rooms, rec rooms, fun parks, bowling alleys, colleges, universities and homes around the country.
The game is addictive and new players are hooked the moment they shuffle a puck down the table for the first time. It’s bizarre that our sport-loving, game-playing nation has ignored and been starved of shuffleboard to date, but it’s also cool that a 500-year-old game can be new!